Originally constructed at the end of the 13th century, construction was completed by Bishop Martin.
The Sedilia and tombs were added by Bishop Gower in the 14th centrury.
In the 16th century, Bishop Vaughan remodelled the Lady Chapel giving it a vaulted roof.
The roof lead was stripped in the mid 17th century and the vaulted ceiling eventually collapsed in the mid 18th century.
Restored in 1901 by Oldrid Scott the chapel still retains many medieval features.