For further information and images of the cathedral interior please select an area from below:

St Davids Shrine





Chapel of St Edward



The Chapel of St Edward the Confessor was re-roofed in the early part of the twentieth century.  It had fallen into disrepair after Parliamentary soldiers were ordered to strip the lead from the Cathedral roof in 1648.

The chapel contains an altar and fittings in alabaster and is the resting place of the Viscountess of Maidstone who funded the restoration of the south aisle and chapel.


Chapel location




Chwilio/Search:
(Chwilio Manwl/Advanced Search)  

 

Copyright St Davids Cathedral - Site design Aukett Brockliss Guy