Born in 1946 and educated at Exeter University 1964-67 where he read for a BA in Theology 1967. He undertook his theological studies at Tyndale Hall, Bristol 1969-71 and was made Deacon in 1971 and Priest in 1972. He was Curate in Henfynyw with Aberaeron and Llanddewi Aberarth 1971-74, Vicar of Llangeler 1974-80 and Vicar of Henfynyw with Aberaeron and Llanddewi Aberarth 1980-88. In 1988 he was made Rector of Aberystwyth. He was installed as a Canon of St Davids Cathedral (Stall of Llanddewi Aberarth) in 2001. He has also been the Evangelist for the St Teilo Trust since 1995.